We are a group of people dedicated to making this community a great place to live and do business. Our members come from many different backgrounds such as:
- non-profit organizations
- individual members who are just interested in the community
“Our mission is to welcome, unite, and promote business.”
Our Vision is to make O’Falon-Shiloh the premier business destination of Southwestern Illinois.
Members enjoy many opportunities to get to know each other and to be “in the know.”
Monthly and annual events offer recognition, networking and just plain fun.
Our member-elected Board of Directors charts the vision for the year’s programs. Chamber staff, various committees and volunteers then bring that vision to life with valuable programs and events.
We would love to have you join us!
O’Fallon and the Village of Shiloh are known as two of the fastest growing communities in the metropolitan St. Louis area yet both maintain their small-town appeal. We are a diverse, charming community of hardworking residents and one of the most popular home choices for military members from nearby SCOTT AIR FORCE BASE.
The O’Fallon Chamber was organized on April 4, 1946. The first officers of the organization were:
President – L.R. Cartier
Vice President – George N. Schwarz
Secretary – George M. Thomas
Treasurer – Felicia Streck
By-Laws for the organization were approved and adopted at the meeting of May 27, 1946. The original membership was 44 members.
On June 4, 1946 a charter was applied for under the general Not-For-Profit Corporation Act of Illinois. The purposes for which the corporation was organized were stated as follows:
1. To advance the civic, commercial, industrial business, and commence interests of the City of O’Fallon and its vicinity.
2. To educate, and disseminate information to persons interested in the civic, commercial, industrial, and business advancement of the City of O’Fallon and its environment.
The Chamber of Commerce was preceded by several business men’s organizations such as: Business Men’s League, Commercial Club, Business Men’s Association, and the O’Fallon Civic Club.
We moved into our current location at 116 East 1st Street, in April 1999. On February 15, 2010, the O’Fallon and Shiloh Chambers of Commerce merged.
The Shiloh Chamber of Commerce began in 2003. It was organized to advance the general welfare and prosperity of the Village of Shiloh so that its citizens and all areas of its business community could prosper. All necessary means of promotion were to be provided and particular attention and emphasis were given to economic, civic, commercial, cultural, industrial and educational interests
of the area.
The Shiloh Chamber was preceded by the Shiloh Business/ Community Association.